Thursday, April 21, 2011




This past month Amanda Weisberg, one of Bria's instructors, spent time offering medical assistance in Haiti to aid the people affected by the disaster that struck last year. She was deeply moved by her time there and wanted to thank you for your donations of support for the cause. Here is a quote from her:
"Haiti simultaneously stole my heart and broke my heart. The lack of access to food, education and healthcare was distressing to witness first-hand, especially as a medical practitioner in training. However, the aim of our presence there was to relieve some of the suffering and I believe we achieved that and MamaBaby Haiti continues to do so. In seeing some patients with musculoskeletal complaints (mainly from walking long distances carrying things on their heads) I was eager to use some of my Pilates and physical medicine skills. While there was certainly a language barrier (we needed Creole translators to communicate with the patients) I was able to show some simple exercises/stretches to prevent and eliminate pain and tension. I hope these patients can use what I taught them in the future to help them feel less discomfort."



I know as a practitioner of Pilates and wellness we are always grateful for daily reminders of how many people can benefit from the services we offer. This is what compels us to continue to do the work we do. Thank you Amanda for offering help to the people in Haiti and for sending inspiration home.
If you would like to contribute but have not yet done so, please contact Bria at 206-781-4576. Every little bit counts!

No comments:

Post a Comment